We are proud of our history. We have given unbroken service to Education since 1552 and our traditions still influence the way we work today.

Founded in the reign of Edward VI, our school owes its existence to the generosity of Sir William and Dame Alice Harpur. Their charitable grant of land and finance became the Harpur Trust, and their vision continues through our scholarships and bursaries.

In the centuries that followed, the school has seen continual change and development. We introduced boarders in 1811 and moved to our current campus in 1891. Through the 20th Century, we grew steadily, adding buildings and facilities, despite setbacks including the devastating fire in 1979.

This fully searchable archive is a collection of all kinds of material dating back as far as the 1850s, and includes magazines, registers, photographs, books, newsletters and other memorabilia.

Browse Archive